Finally, a workbook that offers quilters the organization they crave and the ability to personalize it in their own unique style.
- Quilt Reference Cards with color and fabric information, quilting basics, assembling and finishing, block gallery with exploded diagrams and size options, hand and machine appliqué techniques, quick-piecing and hand piecing tips, and more
- Quick Reference Charts to help you see at a glance how to convert yardage to inches, standard measurements, diagonal block measurements, half- and quarter-square triangle size adjustments, plus more
- Poly-vinyl Pouches for storing fabric swatches and organizing materials
- Graph Paper (1/4" and 1/8") for designing
- Quilt Notes to jot down important fabric, thread and stitching notes
- Convenient Size makes it easy to toss into your purse or bag for a quick trip to the quilt shop
- Three-ring Binder with ALL pages and cards 3-hole punched allows you to move every piece until it works with YOUR personal quilting style
Reviews of The Quilters Workbook Suite101.com Reviewed by: Connie Krochmal Date: November, 2009 "By the editors at Landauer Corporation, this hardcover book with a refillable three-ring binding covers all of the basic how-tos. In addition, this color-illustrated guide is a wonderful quilting organization tool. Use the plastic storage sheets and zippered pouches for organizing patterns, fabric swatches, and the like. This also has a set of tabbed dividers for filing notes and so on. It contains 32 pages of graph paper for designing quilts and 16 lined pages for quilt notes and ideas. This guide has all sorts of helpful information and charts. It provides all of the basics on quilting, including pieing and applique techniques. The authors explain how to select suitable fabrics. One chapter is devoted to the color wheel. This shows how to create suitable color schemes for quilts. The block gallery presents appliqued and pieced blocks along with cutting charts and block layouts. Separate sections are devoted to patchwork and applique. The authors explain how to assemble the quilt blocks and finish the quilt top. The final sections shows how to assemble the layers, do the quilting, bind the edges, and add hanging sleeves.