Midwest Independent Publishers Association (MIPA) 2005 Midwest Book Awards Merit Award
Marianne Fons and Liz Porter, leading quilt authorities and hosts of "Love of Quilting" on public television join with the The Henry Ford to bring you this spectacular new book with 24 vintage quilts celebrating American quiltmaking.
In this 208-page book you'll find history, timeline, stories and artistry of original quilts that represent the ingenuity, resourcefulness and innovation of American quiltmakers. The 24 selected projects feature red and white quilts, Susan McCord quilts, log cabin quilts, appliqué quilts and patchwork quilts inspired by antique quilts from the archives of The Henry Ford. Each project includes easy-to-follow instructions and full-size patterns from Fons & Porter for making replicas of historic quilts.
In addition to quilt projects, you'll also find a feature essay and gallery section devoted to the impressive quilt collection of internationally-known nineteen-century quilting genius Susan McCord at The Henry Ford.
- 24 quilt projects for making replicas of historic quilts
- Special essay on A Century of Quilting Genius 1825-1925
- Complete step-by-step instructions and full-size patterns
- Sew Easy techniques from Fons & Porter
- The Susan McCord collection from The Henry Ford